Long long ago young men Liobiškis and Kazlas rode across the present territory of Alanta. There lived a princess Alanta in the centre of the town. When the young men saw her, they both fell in love with the girl and decided to marry her. But Alanta didnt know who loved her more and she couldnt decide whom she wanted to marry. She conceived a task: the young men had to make embankments. They worked hardly, but when the time came to appraise their work, the girl saw that the both embankments were of the same height. So they couldnt take Alanta from the town. Locals decided to name the town by her name. The embankments were named Liobiškis and Kazlas. They still exist in our days.
The town grew, there were born more children, so it was decided to build a school.
It is known that there was a parish school in Alunta in 1853. The school belonged to the deans office of Utena. On July 26th 1853 a bishop Motiejus Valančius came to Alunta. He saw how people underwent drunkenness and intellectual darkness. So he ordered to found a parish school near the church. That school had to teach reading and prayers
(Alekna, the bishop of Lowlanders M.Valančius, Klaipėda, 1923, page 116).
There were old schools, too. The teacher of that school was named daraktorius. The learning method was slebizavojimas
Children were taught from prayer books and ABC books. The teachers of the period were Julius Korsakas and Jankauskas.
( Narrator: Ksaveras Staškūnas, he was born in 1901, now he is a pensioner and lives in Alanta).
After the abolition of serfdom there was built a wooden school in 1867. It was burnt down in 1904. There was built a new red brick school in 1913. The leader of this school was Adomas Kliučinskas from 1907 till the war. Since 1914 Petras Tarasenka had worked at the school of Alanta. He was an archeologist, a military officer, a museum worker, a teacher, a publicist, and a writer. He wrote a well-known book Užburti lobiai. P.Tarasenka came to Alanta on 29th May in 1960. He met with schoolchildren and local ethnographers. There was uncovered the memorial plaque on the wall of Alanta secondary school. The 100 anniversary of the Great man was celebrated on 4th December 1992.
There were about 100 schoolchildren at school in 1909 and there were about 300 schoolchildren in 1914.
In summer of 1915, when Germans occupied Lithuania, there was founded an infectious diseases hospital in premises of the school. Later there was a store. The school was founded in a wooden house (now it is a brick building). It belonged to the district.
In bourgeois Lithuania the school was founded in the same base.
1918-1919 there worked only one teacher A.Kliučinskas. Until 1926 there worked unsertificated teachers. Since 1918 the school was named Alunta primary school. In 1924 there were founded young farmers courses. They were in control of teachers Stasys Slapšys and Jonas Puodžius. The courses lasted till 1940.
Jews could learn at the school till 1939 because then the number of schoolchildren was too little. Their teacher was Beršteinas Jankelis.
Schoolchildrens attendance was good enough. A lot of them were peasants children. There was taught Lithuanian, arithmetic, history, geography, knowledge of nature, singing, drawing, and scripture.
The corporal punishments were used for schoolchildren: they had to kneel or to stand in the corner. Punishments finished in 1940.
There were over 600 books in the school library in 1939.
The name of the school was left the same, the premises were the same, and the teachers were the same, too. Mykolas Šeduikis became a leader of this school on 1st September 1940. There worked K.Puodžiuvienė, O.Dragaitė, Z.Marijauskaitė, O.Žilėnienė, and O.Kazakevičienė at the school. Schoolchildrens material status became better. Parents took greater care of childrens learning.
Teaching and breeding changed. Lithuanian TSR hymn and Internationale were sung instead of an old hymn. Since 1940 prayer hadnt been said before or after lessons. The governing body ordered to change the stamp of the school and to repeal Vytis.
Russian evening courses had been begun there since 1941. The teacher was Fabijonas Sabaliauskas. There was founded a pioneers organization. A lot of pioneers were in the 5th and 6th forms. The first leader was Salomėja Žilėnienė, and the first pioneer was Nijolė Strazdūnaitė.
M.Šeduikis saved documents about Alunta primary school until Germans occupation.
In 1941-1944 the name of school had changed: it was named Alanta primary school. The Principal of this school was M.Šeduikis. There worked A.Telksnys (German language), O.Telksnienė, Martikonienė (history) at the school. All the teachers were of peasants origin.
Teachers didnt fight against occupants and there werent victims of fascism in the school. A lot of schoolchildren were of peasants origin, too. (Teller was teacher M.Šeduikis).
Vladislovas Telksnys was a dweller of Alanta, and he descended from Runionys village. V.Telksnys learnt in Alanta primary school. He was arrested by Soviet security officers on September of 1940. He was untruthfully denounced and Gestapo arrested him and exiled to Stuthof concentration camp.
In 1990 the publishing house Mintis published historical memoirs of the writer named Kamino šešėlyje in Vilnius. He came to Alanta secondary school on 21st October 1999. V.Telksnys introduced his memorial book Nuo Kėgžlio ligi Aluntos.
On 1st September 1944 there was founded a pro-gymnasium instead of a primary school in Alanta. Then there was founded a secondary school in 1950. Three years later a hostel for schoolchildren was begun to build (the Principal Petras Lisas).
In 1956 teachers began to teach practical works. The first teachers were Antanas Jakučionis and M.Šeduikis. The workshop occupied two rooms of the hostel, but it was too cramped. In 1962 there was begun to build a new school workshop instead of the deans ex-granary (the Principal A.Leonovas).
Two-storied annex was begun to build in 1963. The old school was restored, too. On 11th June 1982 the first corner stone was put for a second school annex. The building was finished in 1983.
The conditions of the school work began to look up. There were founded new cabinets and premises. On the 1st floor there were metal and wood workshops, room of household, the Principals and assistants cabinets, a cabinet for out-of-class work organizer, a Komsomol room, a sport hall, dressing rooms, a cloakroom and canteen. On the 2nd floor there was a Lithuanian language and literature cabinet, physics, chemistry, two mathematics and biology cabinets.
In 1944 the Principal of the school was Kostas Skyrelis. He worked only a year. He was also a Russian teacher. Vaclovas Karvelis was the Principal from 1945 to 1947. Pranas Meškuotis worked in 1947/48. The next year the director was Eigelis Hiliaras. In 1949 the Principal of the secondary school was Romualdas Lamanauskas. Henrikas Martinėnas worked in 1950/51, Mykolas Šeduikis in 1955/56. Napaleonas Kryžanauskas worked from 1956//57 to 1960/61, Arsenijus Leonovas from 1961/62 to 1990/91. He had been the Principal of the school for 29 years. A.Leonovas had high education, and he taught physical training for 5-11th forms. Under this teachers leadership the sportsmen of the school had been the best ones in the district for a long time, they took part in republican and zone competitions. During the period of the leadership of A.Leonovas, two school annexes were built; a new school stadium was put in order. He led a fellowship Žinija of the school.
Since 1990 the Principal of school had been Vygantas Jakučionis. Henrikas Danišauskas became the head of the institution in 1996.
Aldona Abukauskienė-Urbonienė. She also taught the Lithuanian language and literature, was a dancing master. Zigmas Skudra also taught the Russian language. Stasė Birietaitė was an English teacher and led the stage amateurs. Lidija Markulytė-Pivorienė had worked for 29 years. She also taught the Lithuanian language and literature, logics and psychology. L.Pivorienė led the stage amateurs, she taught art from 1990 to 1994 and was responsible for ward-ship and guardianship. This teacher was the head of Educational, Cultural, and Youth affairs permanent commission. She had collected and wrote the history of Alanta school. Virginija Paukštytė had worked for four years. She taught mathematics for 5-12th forms. Danutė Bačiulienė had worked from 1989/90 to 1992/93. She also taught the Russian language and literature, household works. D.Bačiulienė was exiled with parents in 1949 and she returned in 1958.
There were many out-of-class work organisers. They were Apolonija Rimšienė, Janina Rakauskaitė, Anastasija Lukošiūnaitė (a music teacher), Romualdas Čėsna ( mathematician and a music amateur), Stasė Zabarskienė. She had worked for even 15 years as an out-of-class work organiser.
Workers of the schools library were Romualdas Lamanauskas, Ramunė Audronytė-Stragauskienė, Marija Jakelevičiūtė, Juzė Lisauskaitė, Albina Ažubalytė, Gražina Radžiūnaitė, Stasė Švilnikaitė, Danguolė Telksnienė, Vida Belogradova, and Danutė Vaikšnorienė. She had worked since 1959.
Teachers of primary forms were Genė Rutkauskaitė-Tūbienė, Danielius Umbrasas, Birutė Datenytė-Šiukščiuvienė, Bronė Umbrasaitė-Mizeikienė ( she had worked as a teacher for 30 years), Regina Keturkaitė-Kaselienė, Stasė Pasaulytė-Žegūnienė, Danguolė Babelytė, Janina Jatautienė, Eugenija Arčiamienė, Danguolė Pangonienė, Audra Raifaitė-Umbrasienė.
The first leader of dancing hobby group was Bronė Stakytė-Noreikienė. Later Leokadija Bareikytė-Dacevičienė led a national dancing group. Aldona Abukauskaitė-Urbonienė was the leader later. Genė Tolkačiovaitė-Leonovienė finished Molėtai secondary school and began to work in Alanta. She led even two collectives: older forms and pioneers. Bronė Jakučionienė took part in the district songs festivals, even in the first Republican schoolchildrens Songs and dances festival (in Vilnius).
During that time there were pioneers leaders at the school: Milda Gribėnaitė-Auglienė, Aldona Meldaikienė, Violeta Žeimelytė, Eugenija Tolkačiovaitė-Leonovienė, Elena Kairytė-Kimbartienė, Veronika Zajančkovska, Regina Lasytė ( later she became a teacher of the Lithuanian language and literature, and in 1995 she was given the older teachers name).
There worked many specialists of Lithuanian philology at the school. They were Emilija Serbentavičiūtė, Romualdas Katinas, Julija Merkytė, and Genė Rackevičiūtė-Jakučionienė. Her schoolchildrens Kristina Trinkūnaitės and Inga Čereškaitės linguistic work was recognized the best in the republic. There also worked Lidija Markulytė-Pivorienė, Birutė Šiukščiuvienė, Zita Lukošiūnienė, Genovaitė Jonelienė, Vytautas Meldaikis, Rimvyda Laivienė, and Antanas Pivoras.
There were many Russian language teachers: Napaleonas Kryžanauskas, Adolfas Pranskūnas, Aldona Meldaikienė, Svetlana Anufrėjeva, Nastazija Karalienė, Nijolė Sinkevičienė, Henrikas Danišauskas ( he has been working as the Principal since 08 01 1996), Galina Glaudel, and Leonas Arčiamas.
There were fewer English teachers: Elena Kairytė-Kimbartienė, Stasė Lajauskaitė, Birutė Trumpaitė-Maštavičienė, Aušra Binkytė, Liudas Jurgaitis, and Monika Krikštaponienė.
There were many teachers of mathematics: Pranė Eigelienė, Antanas Jakučionis (he had 23 graduates. Later he taught the works), Juozas Pivoras, Alma Pilkauskaitė, Alma Gaulytė, Laima Tamulytė-Valienė, Ona Gendrėnaitė, Liuda Lukošiūtė-Želnienė, Gintautas Valys, Zita Rukšėnaitė, Irena Vitkūnaitė-Danišauskienė, Regina Šlikienė, and Ramunė Blaščinskaitė-Keblienė.
Physics teachers were Kazys Vidžiūnas, Povilas Žygelis ( he arranged physics and machines science cabinets at school), Gintautas Steponėnas, Vygantas Jakučionis ( he had been the Principal of Alanta secondary school from 1990 to 1996), Angelė-Stasė Vidžiūnaitė, Antanas Juršys, Albinas Ivanauskas, Irena Jančionytė, and Aldona Zenevičienė.
Teachers of natural science were fewer: Stefanija Birutė Vidžiūnienė, Aldona Vidaraitė, Napalys Zaveckas, Teodora Morkūnaitė, Regina Paškevičiūtė-Jatautienė, Ona Dirmaitė, Valė Zakarauskaitė-Jurevičienė, and Regina Steponėnienė.
Historians were Viktorija Pranskūnienė, Kazys Vidžiūnas, Albina Ažubalytė, Albinas Jurevičius, Alfonsas Bukėnas, Valerijus Juknys, Liudvikas Peteržikas, Raimondas Rutkauskas, Vidmantas Bražiūnas and Aleksandras Belogradovas.
Geography and physical development teachers were Vanda Buteliauskaitė-Žvironienė, Danutė Umbrasaitė, Ona Sargelytė-Juškienė, and Vytautas Šerelis.
A teacher and an industrial worker was Vladas Baranauskas, Stasys Stukas led qualifying machine-operators.
Art teachers were Mykolas Šeduikis, Algimantas Žukauskas, Danguolė Bobelytė, Emilija Ulindaitė, Regina Lasytė, Aušra Binkytė, Lidija Pivorienė and Vitalija Miškinienė.
Mykolas Šeduikis began working pedagogical work in 1926 in Alanta school. For a long time he was the leader of the school and for a year he had been the Principal. M.Šeduikis taught drawing, art and music. His pictures were exhibited in Molėtai, Vilnius, after his death they were shown in Utena and Anykščiai. In 1990 local ethnographers prepared a book Mokytojo Mykolo Šeduikio pedagoginė ir visuomeninė veikla.
Other music teachers were Algimantas Žukauskas, Vida Puodžiuvienė-Šulciuvienė, Nastė Kazlienė, Aušra Grigonienė and Virginijus Deksnys.
The first festival, which is celebrated at the school, is the first of September. It is the beginning of learning year. Mothers take their first-class children to the school, and other schoolchildren also go with bouquets of flowers. All pupils gather in the ground of school, where the Principal congratulates everyone on this day. The youngest schoolchildren declaim poems, and then the oldest pupils speak. There is such tradition that schoolchildren of the 12th form give exercise books and pencils for the first class children. When all pupils go to classes, the most interesting part begins. The teachers are presented with flowers; everybody tells about summer holiday and makes the acquaintance of new friends.
After autumn comes winter. All schoolchildren with impatience wait for the carnival of New Year, when every class will be able to show their own masks and costumes. This festival is organised by the 12th form pupils. They invite Santa Claus and present prepared programmes. The younger participants of the carnival wait for presents, so they try to do their best in acting. The older pupils often create funny and witty performances. The discotheque finishes this festive evening.
In winter we also celebrate A Hundred days festival. There are left only a hundred learning days till finishing school for the 12th form pupils. This festival is organised by the 11th form students.
The last bell. On this day the bell rings for the last time for the 12th form pupils, which calls them to lessons. Teachers wish them to pass final examinations well, to continue learning or to work. The 12th form students give a key of the school to the 11th form pupils. Then they become new masters of the school. The last bell is a sad festival. The oldest schoolchildren say good-bye to the school, which has been their second home for 12 years. Presenting of school leaving certificates is the most important day for the 12th form students. It is a great festival. Younger schoolchildren, friends, parents, relatives congratulate pupils on finishing secondary school. The school leaving certificate is an estimation of the knowledge of 12 years.
Very cheerful and full of surprises is a meeting with former schoolchildren. They gather in the school and share remembrances about school, tell about themselves, how they has been living after finishing school. This day is useful and interesting for studying pupils. There you can hear about examinations and the first sessions at high schools.
These festivals are celebrated every year in our school because it is already a tradition, which is dear for teachers and schoolchildren.
Since 1953/54, since the foundation of Alanta secondary school, the main attention had been paid to the quality of schoolchildrens knowledge. So all teachers worked in this direction. Heads of the teaching departments led learning education. They were responsible not only for work in lessons, but also for out-off-class work at school. Learning and education work was realized according to the plan of school work, which was made for all year.
Since 1963/64 the general work direction of the school had been an aesthetical education. Since 1964/1965 there regular exhibitions had been exhibited, which introduced schoolchildren to Lithuanian art.
Since 1965/66 the general direction of the school was lifes aesthetics, in 1966/67, continuing the same direction, there was raised a new task to excite humanitarian subjects.
In 1967/68 there also was another task upbringing the sense of duty.
Every year the learning process was lightened by learning means, which were made by teachers or got from education department. Since 1966/67 teachers more intensively had used technical means in literature and music lessons, teaching films in lessons of various subjects. Radio broadcasts during the long break also helped learning and educating work. They were begun to organise in 1956/57.
Extended day group was organised at the school in 1962/63. The first educators were Kazys Vidžiūnas and Verutė Grigaitė.
Schoolchildrens material status gradually changed into better. In 1954/55 a schoolchildrens hostel was built. The first master was Jurevičiūtė. Every year there lived more pupils in the hostel.
Schoolchildren, guided by teachers, did maintenance of the school during summer holidays. On 1st September the classrooms were nice and clear. Also pupils helped to build the annex, prepared fuel for winter. All 5-11th forms took part in that work.
The number of schoolchildren, who finished secondary school
The class master of the first pupils, finishing school was Viktorija Pranskūnienė. The 2nd graduates class master Kazimieras Vidžiūnas.
The 3rd graduates - class master Adolfas Pranskūnas.
The 4th graduates class master Romualdas Katinas.
The 5th graduates class master Viktorija Pranskūnienė.
The 6th graduates class master Kazys Vidžiūnas.
The 7th graduates class master Romualdas Katinas.
The 8th graduates class master Kazys Vidžiūnas.
The 9th graduates class master Adolfas Pranskūnas.
The 10th graduates class master Stefa Vidžiūnienė.
The 11th graduates class master Adolfas Pranskūnas.
The 12th graduates class master Juozas Pivoras.
The 13th graduates class master Viktorija Pranskūnienė.
The 14th graduates class master Vytautas Meldaikis.
The 15th graduates class master Antanas Jakučionis.
The 16th graduates class master Valė Zakarauskaitė.
The 17th graduates class master Monika Kikštaponienė.
The 18th graduates class master Povilas Žygelis.
The 19th graduates class master Nastazija Karalienė.
The 20th graduates class master Monika Krikštaponienė.
The 21st graduates class master Povilas Žygelis.
The 22nd graduates class master Nastazija Karalienė.
The 23rd graduates class master Monika Krikštaponienė.
The 24th graduates class master Danutė Bačiulienė.
The 25th graduates class masters Albina Ažubalytė and Regina Paškevičiūtė.
The 26th graduates class masters Virginija Paukštytė.
The 27th graduates class master Gintautas Steponėnas.
The 28th graduates class master Albinas Ivanauskas.
The 29th graduates class master Regina Jatautienė.
The 30th graduates class master Vygantas Jakučionis.
The 31st graduates class master Genė Rackevičiūtė.
The 32nd graduates class master Genovaitė Jonelienė.
The 33rd graduates class master Regina Steponėnienė.
The 34th graduates class master Genė Jakučionienė.
The 35th graduates class master Henrikas Danišauskas.
The 36th graduates class master Aleksandras Belogradovas.
The 37th graduates class master Danutė Bačiulienė.
The 38th graduates class master Regina Šlikienė.
The 39th graduates class master Regina Steponėnienė.
The 40th graduates class master Genovaitė Jonelienė.
The 41st graduates class master Henrikas Danišauskas.
The 42nd graduates class master Regina Lasytė.
The 43rd graduates class master Ramunė Keblienė.
The 44th graduates class master Aldona Zenevičienė.
The 45th graduates class master Regina Steponėnienė.
The 46th graduates class master Liucija Kanapeckienė.
The 47th graduates class master Regina Jatautienė.
The 48th graduates class master Genė Jakučionienė.
There were schoolchildren, who finished school with gold medals: Asta Jakučionytė, Algis Baryza, Lidija Leonovaitė, Violeta Pivoraitė, Nijolė Jonelytė, Rima Barisevičiūtė, Vida Laurinavičiūtė, and Aušra Bačiulytė.
These pupils, whose names are Lina Žalalytė, Vidmantas Šulskus, Saulius Šimonėlis, Lina Išaraitė, Rasa Kviklytė, Daina Skripkaitė, Jūratė Keblytė, Asta Žalalytė, Jolanta Gerdvilytė, Aistė Pangonytė finished school with silver medals.
In 1951 Henrikas Martinėnas led young writers. Also the leaders were Aldona Abukauskaitė, Emilija Serbentavičiūtė. The best pupils, participating in the society, were P.Galiauskas, A.Lamauskas, J.Jurevičius, A.Strazdaitė, and A.Sabaliauskaitė. During the leading of Romualdas Katinas, there was published a wall newspaper named Mūsų žodis. Young writers achieved success in regional competitions of elocution. Nijolė Jonelytė, Audronė Kulionytė, Aušra Bačiulytė, Ramutė Kemėšiūtė took the first and second places, Daiva Matulionytė, Loreta Gražytė took the first and third places. A lot of pupils became specialists in Lithuanian philology. They were Antanas Pivoras, Irena Baryzaitė, Asta Pivoraitė, Violeta Jakučionytė, Daiva Vitkūnaitė, Rasa Šimonėlytė, Loreta Gražytė, Ingrida Jasiulionytė, Aistė Pangonytė, and Asta Žalalytė.
In 1962 Petras Lisas began working with young naturalists. In 1963/64 there the first flowers burst into bloom in the plot of the school. There were over 100 kinds.
In 1955 there was founded a tourists-local ethnographers society. Since 1958/59 there had been travels in the environments and districts of Molėtai. In that year there was visited Girstaitiškis eight-year school, Mičiūrinas collective farm, Alanta soviet farm, Skiemonys, its cemetery, Duobis lake, the village of Antakščiai, Duobiniai, the lake of Janonys, the mill of Maišiakulė, the village of Vidusuoja. Pupils met with Drazdauskas, and old man Kazlas, who knew a book spreader Bielinis, P.Tarasenka.
In 1944 the main field of sport was playing of a square. The first teacher was Bronė Stakytė. In 1947/48 Algis Karvelis taught physical training. There was arranged the stadium with a running track in length of 150 metres. In the period V.Kučiauskas, J.Tamašauskas, Miškinis became mostly distinguished.
Since 1948/49 Daugilis led physical culture, and Juozas Žvironas - in 1951/52. The most important things were trainings of basketball. In 1953/54 the leader was Arsenijus Leonovas. In that year basketball-players became champions of the district pupils basketball. The sport teams of Alanta secondary school began to represent it in zone and republican competitions. In 1959/60 Rima Gribėnaitė became the champion of table tennis in the region. The athlete Stasys Mackevičius achieved high results in republican competitions. He used to throw discus and to push ball.
In 1958 there were going on individual competitions of cyclists. The winner was Janė Lilionytė. The teams showed themselves well in republican competitions.
A team from Alanta secondary school was the first in a table tennis match.
In 1957 the best jumpers to height were V.Miškinytė, N.Baranauskaitė, R.Keragalvis, and A.Umbrasaitė.
Since 1967/68 Timotiejus Kavaliauskas began to lead sportsmen.
The leaders of a drama hobby group were S.Birietaitė, S.Lajauskaitė, L.Markulytė-Pivorienė, B.Trumpaitė-Maštavičienė, K.Vidžiūnas, and P.Lisas. The group showed plays not only in the Alanta culture house, but also in Skiemonys, Videniškis, and Molėtai. The bigger plays, which were played in Alanta secondary school were: Amerikos balsas, Atžalynas, Žaldokynė, Tadas Blinda svieto lygintojas, Miločka, Žuvėdroms palydint, Matau dangaus žydrumą, and Pelenė. L.Markulytė-Pivorienė, B.Trumpaitė-Maštavičienė, K.Vidžiūnas, and P.Lisas led these dramas staging. Helpers were M.Šeduikis and A.Jakučionis.
Since 1956 the most active persons in stage amateurs work were D.Umbrasaitė, A.Lamauskas, R.Bobelis, K.Litvinavičius, E.Atkočiūtė, E.Karaliūtė, S.A.Stasiūnas, F.Černovas, A.Deivulis, D.Jankauskas, N.Staškūnaitė, E.Sadūnaitė, B.Katinaitė, S.Lisaitė, G.Juočepytė, D.Žygelis, B.Maželytė, E.Lasytė, A.Radišauskas, Z.Šataitė, A.Matulionytė, S.Matkevičius, D.Paužaitė, V.Skripka, A.Paulauskas, and D.Viburytė.
In 1952 Vytautas Vanagas led young technicians/physicists, and Albertas Umbrasas did in 1953/54. There were P.Adomėnas, A.Lasys, K.Grybėnas, V.Navikas, M.Draseika and A.Skripka in the board of the hobby group.
In 1960 there began to work Povilas Žygelis. This teacher prepared Fizikos laboratorinių darbų sąsiuviniai for the press. The main task of the society was to arrange physics and machines cabinets. In a year they were arranged.
The number of pupils
Comparing with earlier years, less schoolchildren entered high schools.
The schools library had piled up a big number of textbooks during the two latest years. There were 9717 copies of them. One pupil was able to have 18 textbooks.
In this year schoolchildrens attendance changed for worse. 35,32 missed lessons were for one pupil.
There were watched and discussed teaching films of various subjects at school. Teachers told pupils to watch telecasts.
There was organised well methodical work, the leader of which was L.Pivorienė.
Teachers raised their qualification in different courses.
There were organised interesting meetings with doctor Kęstutis Pangonis and with the cabinet of vocational guidance leader Antanas Raslanas.
At the end of a learning year there was organised the festival of tourism.
In this year the biggest attention was paid to realisation of universal secondary education. All children of the school age had to go to school. Number of well learning pupils grew up.
In 1975/76 there worked 76% teachers with high education, in 1979/80 79% teachers.
Learning programmes were executed every year. Organising of out-of-class reading lessons got better, also realising of the program of coherent speech.
Hobby groups worked well. They were of young writers, naturalists, local ethnographers, and an interclub. Artistic collectives worked hardly to show themselves well in the region and republican songs festivals.
The pupils could know more in cognitive excursions. They were in Pirčiupis, IX fort, Anykščiai, Zarasai, Chatynė, and the museum of Rumšiškės.
The school realised universal compulsory secondary education. Pupils, who lived further, could live in the hostel, and who went to school by bus could have free tickets. Schoolchildren-wards were supported materially, could live in the school hostel and had free feeding.
The main tasks for the lesson in that year:
1. Pupils had to assimilate a subject, its essence.
2. There had to be ensured the unity of learning and education. Ideological and moral potential had to be kept.
The main attention was paid to political and ideological direction in lessons and out-off-class occasions, formation of materialistic world outlook and professional-work learning.
The teachers regularly went to republican courses of qualification raising. Teachers with high education worked in paramount duties.
The school attendance went worse every year.
The school foresaw to pay the main attention for the organising pupils activity. So every teacher had to keep class standard of ability to work, tried to achieve conscious discipline, positive standpoint to learning.
Some of the school teachers were suggested for awarding because they achieved big attainment, when they taught and brought up schoolchildren. These teachers were Monika Krikštaponienė, Vygantas Jakučionis and Vanda Žvironienė.
At the school a universal secondary education was successfully being realised. All pupils, who finished 8 forms, aspired to learn in the secondary school. More schoolchildren learnt with very good and good marks.
In this year specialists in Lithuanian philology worked well, especially a teacher Genovaitė Jonelienė. Our school readers showed well themselves in region competition of coherent speech.
Out-off-class work was one of the most suitable for pupils vocational guidance. There they got more knowledge and practice from the favourite activity. Young naturalists (leader Regina Steponėnienė), atheists (leader Regina Jatautienė), and artistic collectives (S.Keragalvienė and B.Jakučionienė) worked well.
Our school pupils missed the largest number of lessons without valid excuse in region (pupil 9 lessons).
Form masters well organised work with class (teachers G.Jonelienė, V.Žvironienė, H.Daniševskis, I.Vitkūnaitė and M.Krikštaponienė).
Many years passed until pupils and their parents understood that the certificate of secondary education was the most important thing. Reform of school demands to reorganise all learning and bringing up education.
The law of universal compulsory secondary education was being realised successfully.
There worked 81,82% teachers with high education. School material base went better because began to work in a new building.
These cabinets were well appraised:
Mathematics I place in region (teacher V.Paukštytė),
Geography II place (V.Žvironienė),
Household III place (D.Bačiulienė),
Workshop III place (A.Jakučionis),
Library III place (D.Telksnienė).
Pupils attendance and feeding got better. Hobby groups worked well young writers (G.Jonelienė), young naturalists (R.Steponėnienė). Sportsmen worked better, too.
Teacher A.Zenevičienė prepared pupils for physics Olympiad. Saulius Šimonėlis was the 1st, Vidmantas Šulskus the 2nd in the region.
In 1984/85 a big attention was paid to primary forms. Teachers worked much to improve reading. They used learning matter for bringing up, and they strove pupils self-dependence.
Learning and bringing up connection was felt not only in lessons of primary forms, but also in the teaching of all humanitarian subjects (history, the Lithuanian language and literature, geography, art).
There was felt a forming system of the world outlook in teachers R.Steponėnienė lessons, there were underlined the main things.
In 1984/85 methodical work was realised in methodical rounds: in primary forms teachers, forms masters, zone Lithuanian language and literature teachers rounds.
The organiser of out-off-class work S.Zabarskienė led the work of arranging the cabinet of vocational guidance. There were collected plenty of matter about professional-technical schools, technicums, high schools and about professions. The cabinet was recognised the best in the region. There were organised regional organisers and form masters seminars of out-off-class work.
There were organised various weeks: the Lithuanian language (leader G.Jonelienė), mathematics (leader I.Vitkūnaitė), and the Russian language (leader H.Daniševskis) in the school. There also were organised exhibitions.
In 1984/85 the material base of school got better. The environment was put in order.
Teachers took good care of their cabinets. They were: R.Steponėnienė (biology cab.), R.Jatautienė (chemistry cab.), A.Jakučionis (workshop), A.Zenevičienė (physics cab.), G.Rackevičiūtė (the Lithuanian language cab.), S.Zabarskienė (vocational guidance cab.), G.Jonelienė (the Lithuanian language cab.) and V.Žvironienė (geography cab.).
Schoolchildren feeding conditions, health and attendance got better.
This faculty did a big work in parents education. There were delivered lectures about a husband and wifes part in a family, relations between family members. During meetings with parents, pupils organised concerts, there were organised exhibitions of pupils exercise books needle works, and bouquets.
The members of all the faculty sections were introduced to the main directions of the school reform. During two years they met interesting people (actors, lawyers, the director of a technicum and others).
Parents began to pay more attention to childrens behaviour, attendance. Pupils attendance improved. One schoolchildren missed only fewer than one lesson during a term
In this year 309 pupils finished the school. Only three schoolchildren stayed to learn in the same form. Progress was 99,03%. 19 pupils finished secondary school (3 of them got silver medals).
Methodical work was well organised (leader V.Paukštytė). There were primary forms, IV-VII and VIII-XI forms masters methodical rounds. The chemistry cabinet (teacher R.Jatautienė), wood and metal workshop (teacher A.Jakučionis) were enriched and ordered. Pupils showed themselves well in regional mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology Olympiads. A schoolchild Lina Išaraitė took a prize place in republican young biologists Olympiad.
Cognitive excursions were important for pupils bringing up.
Pedagogical education of parents was realised. There were organised meetings with scientists, lawyers, and evening-parties of three generations.
In this learning year there were various hobby groups (1 pupil 1,5 hobby group). Most of schoolchildren were in shooting (57), naturalists (34), tourists (28) societies, in chorus (40). Writers, atheists, naturalists and sportsmen worked well, G.Jonelienė, R.Jatautienė, R.Steponėnienė and V.Šerelis led them.
Teachers, pupils and service staff repaired many cabinets. Cabinets account got better.
Teachers used figurative and technical means for conveying new material. They sensibly used learning telecasts (G.Jakučionienė, G.Jonelienė, and H.Danišauskas). They also demonstrated learning films (R.Steponėnienė biology, A.Belogradovas history, A.Zenevičienė physics and other).
In 1986/87 learning year there were 320 pupils. 315 of them finished the learning year, others went out to learn in other schools.
In 1986/87 schoolchildren missed more lessons than in 1985/86. 7080 lessons were missed, from them 425 without valid excuse.
Young writers (leader G.Jonelienė), local ethnographers (leader L.Pivorienė) and tourists hobby groups (V.Šerelis) achieved much.
In this year there worked 29 teachers, 21 from them had high, 4 special secondary education and 4 not finished high education in the school. 4 of 7 primary forms teachers had high education.
The school progress was 98,39%. 114 pupils finished the learning year well and very well.
On 7th October 1988 there was hoisted the national flag on the Tower of Gediminas. In 1,5 months it became state. In October (1988) the school also was adorned with the tricolour flag. It was hoisted by H.Danišauskas and a pupil Dainius Lasys (XII form).
The progress was 98,24%. Many pupils missed lessons without valid excuse. There were methodical rounds: primary forms, exact sciences, the humanities and form masters.
Teachers organised also out-off-class activity. There was an art (leader V.Miškinienė), a drama hobby group (leader L.Kanapeckienė and R.Lasytė).
There were played such performances: Voverių šile, Molio Motiejukas. V.Šerelis led trainings, which were regular.
Form masters organised cognitive excursions to most known historical and literary places, also to performances.
In 1989 there was mentioned the 16th February (the Independence day of Lithuania).
This period was school reform time. Many things were changed in teaching.
Until 1990 there was a five marks estimation system of knowledge, but now it has changed it is ten marks estimation. Now only one exam is obligatory the Lithuanian language (earlier 5 exams were obligatory). Since 1999 exams are named State. They are taken in centres of exams. Our schoolchildren pass them in Molėtai. Since 1994 learning in levels (B, A, and S) had begun. In 1999 there also the profile learning began. 1999/00 this learning was being realised by an experimental method. Pupils can choose a humanitarian or exact science profile. They can choose subjects and the number of lessons by themselves.
Since 1995 a school council was founded. Its members are pupils parents and teachers. In the same year there began to work the schoolchildrens Seym, later it was named the monitors council, since 1988 the pupils council. There is a social pedagogue, who works with children from asocial families, who need material and social help.
In 1996 the school separates from education department, it becomes financially independent.
Since 1997 a new subject driving had been introduced. The 12th and 11th form pupils can attend driving courses and get driving licence.
In 1999/00 there learnt 333 pupils in the school. They could attend hobby groups: drama studio (leader L.Kanapeckienė), primary forms chorus (leader V.Deksnys), aerobics (leader J.Petrauskienė), ethnography (leader L.Pivorienė), sport, and computers hobby groups.
Schoolchildren transfer to Alanta agricultural school or Molėtai gymnasium for various excuses. Also pupils come to our school from surrounding villages.
Teachers work in harmony, they make important decisions together.
On 1st July 2000 the school celebrated 50 anniversary of the school.
All the facts and dates described and stated above make up a history of a building. The building in this case is an educational institution, at the present moment, named Alanta secondary school. Every human being has his own life, past, and history. A schools history is a great amount of life and work stories of teachers and pupils. A man cant call himself a person without knowing his past and biography. The same concerns a school. Only having a written form of all the most important events and dates of the school life, it can be called a lively institution. Only then it is interesting for strangers and foreigners, historians and ethnographers and only then it makes present pupils feel well for they are sure they will certainly have a clear period of their past. And of course, it is very important for former schoolchildren to have such reminiscences and to feel themselves a part of history. The date of schools foundation, its best teachers and pupils, the most interesting events and periods of its work, I am sure it would be very important for those who would show any interest towards Alanta secondary school.
The community of Naujasodis village
Naujasodis is a village in Molėtai district, established 15 km. to the north west from Molėtai, along the way Molėtai Anykščiai. Nearby there is a neighbhourhood centre Alanta.
In the written documents Alanta for the first time was mentioned in 1436. From historical resources we can find out that duke Vytautas gave Alanta to his brother Žygimantas. Žygimantas gave Alanta as a present to the nobleman Kristinas Astikas. During the reign of the Astikai in the rivers Virinta winding Alanta palace ( which served as a castle) was built. In 1581 Alanta was given to the leader of Hungarian army in Lithuania Gabrielius Bekešius.In 1598 nobleman Kristupas Radvila bought lands and Alanta palace from Bekešius.
In 1828 Tadeušas Pomarneckis, Polish landlord bought alanta and the palace from the Radvilos. In the middle of XIX century the new palace was built and the park was planted too.
Now in Naujasodis village live 567 inhabitants. In the village territory there is Alanta school of technology and business where different specialities study 610 students and work 40 teachers. There is apossibility that in the near future Naujasodis village and Alanta town will be connected.
The major part of community members are active and perspective farmers, 29 farms are ecological, 18 members of community are businessmen, 11 folk artists, intersted in technical and artistic creation. Rural tourism is being developed too.
Alanta catholic church, Alanta neighbhourhood, joint stock company Alantos agroservisas, library with musical and fairy tales rooms, picture gallery, folk museum and since 2002 Naujasodis community centre fullfill the spiritual and material needs of the inhabitants.
In the photoes: Alanta landlords palace In the palace
Culture day was organized on the 4th of March. The concert was given by Videniškiai village folk group (the winner of republican competition Duokim garo), led by Juozas Vasiliauskas.
Good impression was left by the exhibition of paintings of Vytautas Mackevičius tapybos darbų paroda.
Alanta culture organizer Juozas Kanapeckas presented his exhibition of not traditional works of art made from branches and roots.
Petronėlė Šerkšnienė presented crosses and embroidered pictures.
Handicraft works were presented by a folk artists of Naujasodis village Teresė Sabaliauskienė, Janina Čekelienė, Elvyra Satkūnaitė, Ramutė Žiagūnienė.